Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Realizing What Matters

Having my son has put so many things into perspective, especially realizing what things are important in life and what/who matters and what/who doesn't! I've always been so easy to trust people and confide in people whom I considered to be good friends but lately, since I've gotten married and more so since Landon was born, I've realized that the so called "friends" have pretty much disappeared only to reappear when they need advice or consoling but when I'm going through something and need advice, they are no longer there. I find it quite sad that the few that are there for me are girls who I've never met in person! I'm no longer going to put effort into these one sided friendships. I have more important things to focus on, my son && my marriage. I'm constantly reminded of why I don't need many friends. I get so tired of all the drama that becomes involved with friendships. Whatever happened to having friends and hanging out and there being no drama?! It doesn't seem to exist anymore and I just don't have the energy or the patience anymore. So for now I'll enjoy spending time with my son, who learns new things every day and amazes me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment